Sunday, May 24, 2009

09/30/2008

Homeless in Hawai
Yeah... well kind of. My companion and I are currently without a house specifically for us. We are currently living in the place I lived for my first transfer.... So there are six missionaries there, and we are outside of our main area (we cover an entire stake truthfully, so well in our area). It is crowded, and making it very difficult to organize things, so it is very interesting. I am really looking forward to getting our own place because once we get away from the not-so-hot influence from the other elders I think we will be able to get more done. Also, we won't be counting on them for rides to our area (instead of walking about three-six miles to get there). It looks like I may just walk this transfer because as my companion pointed out, there are a lot of hills here, so a bike doesn't help a whole lot, so we will just walk.
My companion is Elder Odulio, who was born in the Philippeans(sp?), but came out from Virginia, and his parents have since moved to Maine. He is a cool kid. He is considered a second-trainer, but we haven't had much chance to do anything that might be considered 'training' in our current situation. At least we finally got a phone so we could call anyone....
No, but truthfully it is funny. We are having way too much fun making homeless jokes, and we use that as an excuse for things (not to get out of anything too bad, just more to play and be a pain at times). He seems like a really good kid, he is just a bit like me in that he will act more like those he is around to get along with them. When it is just us, we work hard, etc. When we get
around other missionaries (as today on P-day) he acts a little more immature and lazy. I want our own pad, and a car would be nice too ; )
Yeah, so that is my current situation. Our ward hasn't seen a whole lot of missionary activity recently (actually for almost ten months, when Elder Odulio was here before) since it has been split with other wards. I think now that we have two of us just for this ward, and extremely energetic ward mission leader it should start becoming very active. It is a small and older ward, but I feel that given a few weeks, we can have a lot of activity here. Heres for the long run!
So, remember your poor homeless Elder when you go home at night ; ). Good luck on Saturday Chelsi! I hope you do well. I hope everyone is able to watch conference and learn all they can. We will probably be at the church, but then try to go by investigators to watch other sessions. Hawaii is off of Utah time by four hours (it was so confusing until I realized that Hawaii doesn't have Daylight Savings time). Six in the morning for the first session. What fun.
Anyway, know I am alive, and I love you all. Keep the faith, and thank you all for your support! Tell the grandkid(d)s I say hi!
Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment