Sunday, May 24, 2009

09/15/2008

Aloha from K-mart

Yeah, I email at a K-mart where they have free high speed internet access. It makes things nice. Then we go shopping, so they do get business. Good idea on their part.
So, this last week was a good study week for me. My companion had to go into the doctor Tuesday thru Saturday (I didn't go on Saturday) to get IV's. Then most of those days he would come home and sleep because he was so tired. I was feeling a bit more compasionate and just studied and cleaned during that time. He doesn't want to get IV's anymore, but he is still sick. Makes things interesting.
It's nice to hear that Tyler and Jermey had not so hot trainers as well. Gives me a little bit of hope. I will just take from this all that I can. Saturday I did a teamup with the other elder in the pad so i wouldn't have to go into town. We did some productive stuff, and then went back and met up with our regular companions. That night Elder Stewart and I were able to go out with some our ward mission leader and visit two families. One family of completely
non-members that do seem interested, and a part member couple. The wife wants to get baptised, but the entire lesson (except for me bearing my testimony) was in Tongan, so I don't know exactly what is holding her back....
We did have another baptism this last week. Asali, who is from Tonga, and is going back soon. We didn't do a lot of teaching since his entire family belongs to the church, and he speaks almost entirely tongan, but he did come unto Christ, so that was good.
Yesterday our Ward Mission leader left for Samoa. Apparently to keep his and his wife's visa's, he has to go back every so often. They don't want to be here to stay until all of their children move here. we aren't sure how long he will be gone for, but hopefully not too long. His wife is still here, and she usually did as much if not more than he did, so that will be ok. We just hope
he comes back soon.
So, the washing machine at our pad broke this morning (or whenever the family used it last) so I and Elder Trujillo (true-he-yo) are finding a laundromat to do laundry at. We have some things to buy as well, so I may not go bowling today, which isn't too bad except that I got a 177 last week and wanted to improve it.... Anyway...
My companion has been involved in a little bit of drama the last little while over an event that happened before I got here. He wrote to President and told him everything (or so he told me) and last night he was saying (hopefully joking) that he was going to get sent home, and also said yesterday that I may be the senior companion for the area next transfer, meaning he would get
transferred out and I would still be here... Kinda scary, but maybe I could get a lot done. We will most certainly see.
Well, I need to get going on things. Chelsi, good luck on the marathon. I do get to exercise every morning, and I run about 1/2 a mile every other morning. I'm out of shape, but working on it. A good part of that is up a really steep hill though ; ). Keep moving forward, get better dad, good luck with work mom, and I hope everyone is doing well. I love you all.
Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment