Sunday, May 24, 2009

09/1/2008

So, we only had three baptisms this last week. Of the five we believed were ready, one postponed (he will be baptized on the 11th), and one decided last minute not to show up. We are still waiting for the members she lives with to let us know if we can come by without being shot at....
Other than that, things seem to be going well. I'm afraid my companion got into a little bit of a relaxed mood of accomplishment after the baptisms, and it has been difficult to get him to do anything recently. He had a meeting Saturday morning, and while he was in the meeting, I took the other non-District Leader from our pad, and we went and saw a potential investiagtor, and turned her into an investigator. Hopefully on Wednesday we can make her a progressing
investigator and eventually get her to baptism.
Everyone seems to keep telling me how lucky I am to have three (soon to be four) baptisms in my first area, and I keep telling them that I am doing everything I can to get it higher than that. I just wish my companion would get the same idea. My Mission President simply gave me the advice of try to say something in the morning, but after that it is his choice, so simply do the best I can. He has his agency.
So, it is looking like I am bound for leadership. Durning a District Leader Training Meeting, the Zone Leaders told my companion that I need to prepare to be a leader, and then my mission President told me in my interview that I am destined for leadership, and probably fairly soon. It seems like I need to get ready.
Thank you everyone for your advice. Our ward is really a lot of getting the trust of the members, which we seem to have a lot of right now. The Kings (the family we watched the closing cermonies with) considers us adopted children pretty much. I am just trying to get my companion to not spend too much time there.
Well, I hope everyone gets feeling better who is hurt, that Jeremy finally is finished, and that everyone is happy!! Time to get to work. I love you all!
Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment