Sunday, May 24, 2009

09/23/2008

Aloha a day late

Yes, I am afraid I am a day late as P-day got moved back because....IT'S TRANSFER WEEK!!! I have survived my first transfer and got four baptisms in the process, but anyway...
Yes, transfer week, and I am getting transfered.... kind of... My companion and I covered two wards, the Tongan ward and a Filipeno (sp?) ward. I wasn't actually called to learn Tongan (which is why I didn't learn any in the MTC) I just thought it would be cool. I am still going to work on it a little, but I am now in the Filipeno ward. My trainer is staying in the Tongan ward. I will be getting a new companion, and we will be moving into a new place. The problem: they haven't found that new place yet. We will see what happens tomorrow.
So, I apologize for this being a day late, but it is here now : ) So I am packing at the pad along with other things today, and while thinking of the best way to work with this ward. I have been wondering things for a little bit, but now I can focus all of my time on this ward. I no longer have a car, and won't be eating a lot of Tongan food, so I may lose some weight as well.
This last week has been a little interesting. My companion continued getting IV's for a couple of days, and then was told by an ENT(ear, nose, throught(sp?) guy) that they weren't helping, so he gave him more drugs. Those don't seem to be helping so far either, so he and the companion he gets tomorrow will have to figure that out. I in the mean time will be working with my companion to see if some of my ideas seem good. They ward has a lot of potential, but it also seems that it will need to be the members that begin the fellowshipping. Most people
don't like missionaries at the first, but our new ward mission leader is super energetic and enthusiastic, so it should all work well.
So, the work progresses forward. I am really excited, but kinda nervous. It will be a change, and my trainer was a good guy, just not super missionary-oriented. Hopefully he will get a companion that holds a little more respect and command so that he can get him to do a little more. Here's hoping.
I hope everyone is doing well as always. Thank you all for your continued support. I love you all!
Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment