Monday, May 18, 2009

08/25/2008

Aloha from the home of the Little League World Champions!
Yes, yes, the little league world champions are from Hawaii, and more specifically from the area right around where we live. And no, I am not in Honolulu, but rather about 16 miles from Honolulu. Most of the towns kinda blend with each other though. I am actually about 3 miles north of one part of Pearl Harbor (the part where they hold the old ships they don't use anymore, but it is still cool to see).
This last week has been a lot of getting ahold of referals while checking up on our investigators (while I still try to get settled). We have one wards baptism night this Thursday, and we should have 4 converts being baptised, perhaps five. Then we have a couple more we need to get to church, and a few more new investigators that seem very intersted and genuine. So, the work is going great.
I guess my only concern right now is that I feel I could do more. My companion has been sick, and I am afraid he might be using that as an excuse to sleep late, stop by the pad for a rest in the middle of the day, and sometimes come home early. I guess what really worries me is that the other district leader living in the same pad (house) as us sleeps late as well, so I am afraid this
might not stop when he gets feeling better. I am trying to encourage him without being an ignorant and pushy greenie. I have an interview with the Mission President on Wednesday, so I am going to ask his advice as well.
I am glad to hear that the wall paper is down in the bathroom (sorry, I am not too disappointed that I am not there to help), and its great to hear that the rooms downstairs are coming along as well. Jeremy just needs to buy a wireless router so he can get on the internet from anywhere in the house (and I can too when I get home and buy my new MacBookPro). I hope school is going well for everyone, and I am thankful for all of the support I am getting from home.
I am glad that you are enjoying your classes Dad, but I hope your shoulder gets feeling better. Just remember that Christ suffered all things, so He knows what you are going through.
So everyone knows, I don't know if I will be able to look at attachments. I am going to try when I finish this email, but I am afraid it might freeze the computer I am on, or it won't have software so that I can look/read any attatchments. Also, it seems to take around 4 days for anything to get to Hawaii from Utah. I don't know what the time is from here to there though.
So the olympics are over. My companion and I were visiting a members house last night (really cool family. the wife is tongan, the father is a statewide manager of all the Jack-in-the-Box resturants), so we talked about the olympics, watched a little of the closing cerimonies, etc. China did well, but we won basketball and have the best single athlete in history, so I am happy.
Things in Hawaii are extremely chill and laid back. It is very interesting at times. I'm having to really focus on being relaxed or members and investigators don't like you as much. it is definately a learning experience.
Well, hope everyone keeps doing well. Keep smiling and looking for more ways to serve the Lord and He will bless your lives. I love you all!
Elder Kidd
>

No comments:

Post a Comment