Sunday, May 24, 2009

10/7/2008

Still Homeless, but Happy

Quickly while I am thinking about it: Heather, did you try a Thai restaurant down on redwood, near the furniture warehouse outlet store and the DI? I went there the Saturday before I left and it is really good... anyway.
Conference was amazing. I was able to watch all of it (well, almost all of it, we were late to morning session both days, but at 6 AM I think most would forgive us). I think my favorite was about angels ministering. I've also realized that ever since Elder Worthlin's talk that he stood through and started shaking, that he is my favorite apostle. Just the amazing strength that he has, that he never gives up. Did anyone else notice that two of the apostles were not present for Saturday afternoon? I don't remember who they were, but I did notice they weren't there to be sustained, and they still weren't there at the end.
I realized quite a few things during conference. Mostly just that I feel a need to go out with the approach of "Our Heavenly Father loves you, and has a plan for you. There are prophets on the earth to help you," etc. When I was set apart I was given the gift of love. I really need to start sharing that with people.
It was almost a little unnerving how many talks also talked about how life is hard, but we have to push through. I had been starting to get really discouraged at times, and perhaps a bit impatient, but that is always a nice reminder to calm down and do my best. We are still living in the other pad, and my former companion is not being a very good influence on the rest of the pad, and the pad gets a bit dirty. I never considered myself a clean freak, but compared to four missionaries in my pad, I am. It is a good learning experience (don't you hate those?) that I know I need right now.
So, the work is starting to go forward a little in this ward. We haven't been able to get members really involved, but we are getting to know them more. We have one part-member/less active family who was taught before and is interested again. She was taught last by my current companion, and right when things were getting tough the missionaries started coming again. She is sure it is a sign. We agree, and are going to once again try to teach her and make her realize she wants to be baptised. There is a long story behind them though, and her husband
may be going to prison soon.... It's going to be interesting.
We also have a possible investigator (we haven't taught him yet) that my companion met on a team-up with another elder. His name is Elvis, he loves music, he wants to do bible study with us, and he is really ticked at his current church. I think he is in his sixties (just barely found out... i was thinking thirties) and his church is telling him that because he isn't married that God doesn't care for him. We are going try to teach him that Heavenly Father does love him. Apparently he has a friend going through the same thing.
I hope everyone is doing well still. Congrats on the marathon Chelsi! I will never be able to do that. Remember that the Lord loves you, no matter what is going on in your life. He cares, and knows what is going on. I love you all.
Thank you for your support!
Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment