Thursday, May 28, 2009

12/15/2008

I'm a father!
Well, at least in missionary terms. I don't know how it was for others that have served, but out in Hawaii we call our missionaries we train our boys, and then we become fathers... So, I will be a father on Wednesday as I am training next transfer. Unfortunately Elder York is leaving though. I have really gotten along with him. Hopefully I will get a good trainie though. I seem to go through a lot of companions....
Life in Hawaii is really rainy right now. I don't know if it made it to the news at all on the mainland, but there was a lot of flooding in Honolulu, and a lot of rain out here on Kauai as well. And it is raining again right now. Fortunately we got a little bit of a break yesterday so that we could see sunlight and blue sky. That was a nice break. Now we get back to the wet season in Hawaii (otherwise known as winter). You get snow, I get rain. The thing I find hillarious is that Winter is the rainy season, and summer is the monsoon season. Not a whole lot of a break. Through that in with earthquakes, Tsunami's, and the very rare Tornadoes (water spouts really), and part of me wonders how Hawaii still exists. Seems to have gotten the wrong end of the stick when it comes to natural disasters. Guess paradise has to have its downfalls though.
Aside from the rain, things are going really well out here. Francis' baptism is this Friday night, and he is super excited. I am going to baptise him, but he recently had knee replacement surgery, so my companion will probably join me in the font so that we can make it very easy on his knees. It was funny yesterday after his interview, he started yelling "I passed the test!" Francis is so cool.
We weren't able to visit with Micah this last week, but we did have dinner at Jack's. His girlfriend, Sandy, wasn't there though. He told us that she was acting like she didn't like us, and didn't want to be around us. Imagine our surprise then yesterday as we glanced around the chapel and saw them both. The talks were on charity and the relief society, and they both really seemed to like them. Jack was touched, and Sandy looked very happy by the end (something
I haven't seen a whole lot of from her). Maybe this will open up some more opportunities to share with them.
This Saturday we have our ward Christmas party as well. One of our members ratted me out to our activities chair, and now I am singing "O, Holy NIght" for the finale. I will let you know how that goes.
Time keeps going by very quickly out here, and I seem to forget a lot from week to week about what has happened. There was a lot of rain this last week, and that seems to be the most. We have a couple of referals we are trying to meet with, so there is definately a lot of potential right now. Lets hope my new companion comes with an eager attitude so that we may work hard, be obedient, and be guided by the Lord.
The second coming is close. The signs are starting to appear, and if it was at the doorstep during the pioneer times, I think the door is about to be knocked on right now. Keep strong. An analogy I thought of during the rain: Without rain, there is no water, and without water there is no life. We need that water to grow, and we are able to gain the experience we need to grow during those times of rain. Yet, the Lord will never flood us out. He lets the sun come out
so that we may shoot upward, growing more and more. But it must rain again. It is the cycle that seems so hard at times, but really is divinely designed for our benefit and growth. The Lord loves us all, and He is always there. Thank you all for your prayers, support, and love. I love you all.
Aloha,
Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment