Monday, May 18, 2009

08/08/2008

So, I fly out to Hawaii next Tuesday (August 12th). I am so excited. We should get to Hawaii in time to go out that day and start teaching. Also, most of my classes are devoted to learning the lessons and how to teach, but my companion and I have found a couple of RM's who went to Hawaii, so we try to get a lot of time with them so that we can get to know some of the culture and mannerisms... to which we have learned that there are so many different cultures there that we will simply have to try to learn from our trainers. In short, we have learned to eat the food (even if you throw up because you have eaten so much), be friendly, and watch out for bugs (mostly cenntipeeds(sp?)).
We were told if we wake up with a fast heart rate and a fever, to run to the hospital. Not quite as bad as some things in Brazil I am sure, but still not fantastic.
So, now that you have had an opportunity to check, was anyone able to watch the devotional or fireside on Sunday or Tuesday? I really enjoy them, especially being able to sings hymns before. It has been a fantastic experience.
For Tiffany, thank you for all of the letters. Let the girls know that I will be sending a letter for you all today. It seems to take two days for anything to get to me, so I am going to guess that it will take two days to get there as well. Also (for everyone) I can only check email and write letters once a week. So, if it takes a little while, that is why.
Life at the MTC is great. I love being able to learn, and my companion is fantastic. One thing that has really hit me recently is the importance of not getting discouraged. I first came with the idea that I would get discouraged, but I would be ok. The last couple of days (mostly yesterday) I have realized that I can't afford to get discouraged. When I get discouraged, I give Satan
power, and my effectiveness will go down. No matter what my circumstances, I will strive to always remain happy. When things don't go so well, I know the Lord will help me the next week. I am His servant, and all I can do is serve Him humbly and faithfully. If I work as hard as I can, the Lord will bless me (and everyone at home ;-) ) and will provide what I need. He may give me trials and test my faith at times, but I know in the end if I live worthy of His blessings, He will provide.
It is hard at the moment to try to remember individual days. Once again I forgot my journal, and all of the days seem to run into one. Just know I am working hard, doing my best, feeling the spirit, and growing more than I ever thought before.
Oh, other little thoughts. The food for the most part isn't bad. I can't eat the hamburgers (they make me sick), but most everything else seems ok. I sleep well. I love my companions. I love hearing from home (hint, hint ;-) ) and love to teach. I've decided that my companion will either be a philisophical (sp?) genious, or a general authority. I don't know. Oh, and I'm really sorry for making people sick. I also got my companion here sick as well, but he recovered over night.
Mom, could you possibly print off all of the letters I send home so that I have them, and maybe a copy of all that you send to me? Thank you. I will be sending my memory card home next Monday. There are also some videos on the card, so please make sure you get them as well. You may need to go to Tiff's and download it onto her computer and then email it. It has the names of all of my companions so that you can know them all. Life is great!
I love you all so much, and I know I am doing the best thing I possibly could with my life at this time. I am growing so much, and I know it will help me in my life so much. Yet, I am not going out for me. I love the Lord, and I want to be able to share this great message with all of those that haven't been able to hear it. I want them to feel the love and happiness that comes from the gospel. A marvelous work is coming forth amongst the children of men. Everyone
remember the Lord loves you, and knows you all individually. And I love you as well.
Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment