Thursday, May 28, 2009

11/04/2008

Hot in Hawaii
Yes, I actually wish that I had snow and cold because it is still STINKING warm here. I went and got a haircut this morning, so my head is feeling much lighter and breezier... You get the idea.
Well, tomorrow (Wednesday) is transfer day, and I am getting transferred. I don't know where to yet. Except that it is off Oahu!! Hurray! I am excited. Most missionaries want to get off island, and I am going to be able to. The other island are supposed to be very beautiful and extremely laid back. Even more, missionaries there are more obedient. Elder Trujillo thinks that missionaries that have trouble being obedient usually are on Oahu so that there
are more people to keep an eye on them. I don't know.
I am actually slightly disappointed. Things are really starting to get going in our ward. We have three investigators with a couple more that seem really interested. We actually had one investigator (the mother of the lady that only speaks spanish) who bore her testimony on Sunday and said that she had asked a former member of this ward who moved to baptise her. She isn't sure when, but she wants to be baptised... So I get transfered. Danget! But I get to go off island!
This last week was a little bit of a let down. We did some good work, but with Halloween, my companion's birthday, and it being so close to the end of transfers, a lot of elders become very lazy. I was able to keep things going for a little bit, but eventually Elder Odulio succumed. I tried to help him, but he said he wasn't feeling very well. Maybe he wasn't. But I tried as hard
as I could.
This transfer is going to be very interesting. Our zone has needed some work with unity and working hard, and thus almost half of our zone is getting transfered. I am the only one going off island though. I will let you know next week where I end up.
Halloween was interesting. At 5 we had to stop procelyting so that trick-or-treating could keep going forward. We went to Wal-Mart first so that Elder Trujillo could buy some stuff he needed, and we actually had three girls invite us to a party. It was kinda disturbing. We politely declined, and then two of us shuddered, while the other two kinda wished that they could go...
Those two go home fairly soon. After that we went to my former pad and hung out with the members that live there for the rest of the night. We played a lot of pool and fooseball. It was really fun.
Well, tomorrow begins a new transfer with a new companion. I am excited and ready to work. I love you all, and know that we are all missionaries our entire lives.
Elder Kidd
P.S. On the pictures, the one of the posters is Elder Mann, who goes home in January. He is a very talented artist, does a poster for each transfer, and spends way too long drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment