Tuesday, June 9, 2009

06/08/09

Aloha

There are definately some benefits to a new transfer. One of those is the new missionary in the pad. He seems to be distracting me from his companion (The DL), so he hasn't been getting on my nerves as much this week.

The bad thing seems to be that my companion has gotten in a bad mood. I'm not entirely sure why, but I have some suspicions. His sister got married on Saturday, he broke some of the work out equiptment, and he is stuck in Hilo (he hates Hilo). Basically, I feel like the line from Hitch: "And if that sign on your forehead that says"Go Away" doesn't say it..." (Edited on purpose). Its been a rough couple of days. Hopefully by tonight it will be better. It doesn't seem to be as of yet, but thats what P-days are for!

Anyway, this last week was a bit of a rough one. We had a few cancelations, a few no shows, and we are having a really hard time getting in touch with Ahia. She has been really busy at work lately thought. A group of supervisors or something like that came in from Missiouri and her boss is out of town, meaning... PANIC! She is in charge, so she has been extremely busy. She said she was going to be in church yesterday, but didn't make it, and we couldn't get in touch with her. I still have high hopes though, and I think this week will go better.

As for Carey O'oka (the 25+ year investigator), we have an appointment with him tomorrow right after our district meeting, and he seems extremely excited. He came to church yesterday, and made quite a few good comments in Gospel Essentials. He says he wants to get baptized soon, and now has made it clear that HE wants home lessons, so foreward we go!

We had a really good lesson with a media referal we got this morning. His name is Mason. We have been struggling with him a bit in the recent past. He wants a sign, and keeps arguing with a lot that we say. We finally found a good analogy this morning, and commited him to read and pray about that Book of Mormon. Well, when we left, he was reading. It was as if his whole countinence changed while we were there. It was amazing. He is super busy right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if he called us today or tomorrow and asked us to come over really quickly because he knows it's true. We're super excited!

It's going to be amazing to see the house all different when I get home. I half want to claim the downstairs bedroom already, but then I realize I won't be home long before school starts.

So, there are definatley ups right now. There are a few downs, but that is how it goes on a mission. It is all good though, and life is going well. Thank you all for your continued support, and I hope all is going well. I love you all!

Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment