Monday, June 8, 2009

03/09/09

Aloha, and aloha
As you may have guessed from the subject line (or maybe not) I am being transfered off of Kaua'i. I'll let you know next week where I land. I hope that dad's idea is right, and that I will end up out here in this ward again. I would really enjoy that. I love this ward out here, the people, and the area. I'm starting to feel like dad too, that I go to a ward, get things really moving, and then get transfered. But, whatever help I was able to offer, I am glad I was able to offer that.
Also, I will be getting a new companion. Yep, 6 for 6. I'm batting a perfect 1.000. I'm going to ask the mission president at my next interview if my companions are saying something to him. Do you think I am that hard on them?
This last week has been interesting though. First of all, Sandy got baptized yesterday. Yep, Tuesday night she met with our bishop and decided to get baptized into our ward... the following Sunday... which was yesterday. So, that was a wonderful experience (and I'm really being truthful). It was a bit stressful, and it took a little bit to get her happy with my companion and I so we could go, but it was a wonderful baptism, and I think she is making the right choices.
The thing that really made the baptism interesting happened last Wednesday while I was on exchanges in the other ward. My companion and our district leader went to Jack's house. While they were there, Sandy came, and there ended up being a huge fight. Elder Bagley wrote 8 pages in his journal about it. Crazy, eh? But, Sandy decided to keep on with her baptism, and I think that fight might have been the wake-up call she needed to really get things moving in the right direction.
Jack continues to progress, if a little slower than would be optimal. Hopefully whoever replaces me can really help him. I don't care when it happens, I just hope that Jack sees the need for baptism and can start his life in the right direction. We'll see tonight how he reacts to me being transfered.
Tylor is having a hard time right now. He knows the gospel is true, but is going through that wonderful teenage years of hormones and uncertainty, and all those other wonderful emotional things of the teenage years. I think he will pull through, and hopefully he can help his dad as well.
One other funny story that hopefully will have a happy ending, but I probably will never know... On my exchange with Elder Ioelu, (who happens to live about 3 miles from home in West Valley, and graduated with me from Hunter, but he was a jock so I never knew him...) who is a greenie, we knocked on one door, and the guy that answered seemed really nice. He said he was Christian and the like. We could hear kids in the background, so we introduced eternal families. He kept saying he was Christian, so in attempts to get him thinking, and to see if anyone else around would listen to us, I said "Well, if you don't want to be with your family forever, do you think anyone around here does?" Well, he didn't even register that I had said that, but he pointed out a couple of houses (no one was interested). I just hope he heard what I said and thinks about it and will learn one day. It sounded so harsh as I said it, but it felt right. I want to see this guy in heaven and see what he says.
I hope all is going well with everyone. I'm going to have to find a dentist and immunization place wherever I land. I love you all so much, and avoid crisco ; ) .
Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment