Monday, June 8, 2009

02/09/09

Aloha Leavitts!
How is my favorite Leavitt family doing? It was wonderful to get all of your letters. I hope you don't mind getting an email as a response. This way you get it sooner!
Hawaii is great, and very warm. I do eat a lot of fish out here, but the thing I eat the most of is.... rice. We eat a lot of rice out here. With almost every meal. It is a staple food (meaning on of the main in the diet). Most people don't eat potatoes at all though. Also spam. The funniest part is that I am actually starting to like spam a bit.
So, I am actually not learning a language out here. I am speaking english. I do have to learn how to pronounce some names though. Like Kuamo'o does not sound like a cow sound. It sounds like coo (like a pigeon cooing) a (like a normal a in a sentance) mo (like, I want some mo'), and then one more o (like the letter name). Crazy huh?
It sounds like you are all having fun, but it is weird to think that you are going to take seminary Sydni. If you go to the high school seminary building for any reason, look for my picture on the big world map. And Kenzie, pick good classes. No more recess for you.
I hope you are all doing well. Thanks for your prayers, your letters, and support. Keep strong, and love the Lord.
Your uncle/brother/weirdo
Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment