Monday, June 8, 2009

04/20/09

Aloha

Well, transfer calls were last night, and I am staying in Hilo for atleast 6 more weeks... but my companion is not. Elder Aldridge is headed for the other side of the island (Kona) on Wednesday, and my companion is coming over from Kona. So, this makes 7 companions in 7 transfers. I think I am going to ask my mission president if he is trying to set a record with me for most companions in a mission. There are 17 transfers, maybe I can hit 17 companions... anyways...

This last week was good, but in its own way, hard. S-lyn got baptised on Tuesday, and everything went very well. We spent a bit of time preparing her, and making sure everything was good for Sunday as well for the confirmation (which went great as well). She is doing fantasitc, and is still excited.

We had a bit of trouble being able to get in touch with people and teach them this last week though. Richard was busy on Tuesday, so that fell through, and he might be moving this week. We will have to see. Cathy and Pearleen we were able to teach, and we had an interesting lesson. Pearleen is excited to be back in the church, and feels she needs to do geneology as soon as she can. Cathy, I've decided, has taken a little of everything from every religion and combined it into one big belief. She believes in Christ, but reincarnation, but exaltation as well. Go figure. She is reading the Book of Mormon, and I know that will help her to take the steps she needs to. She read our palms while we were there last time as well. Apparently I have a lot of guides... whatever that means.

We are still working with a cool kid named Ikaika. His family lives on O'ahu, out on the west coast (the rough side). He knows the Book of Mormon is true, and knows he needs to get baptized. The only problem is that he is living with his girlfriend, and can't afford to live anywhere else. He did mention that he is probably moving to O'ahu for the summer to work, so hopefully that is a good sign. He is a great kid, and has an amazing spirit.

We had a really cool experience yesterday in our slower ward. In the PEC meeting, the bishop told us of a gentleman who used to come to church somewhat regularily while he was still married to his member wife. He has a son who is an RM, and is very active in the church. well, this fine gentleman called our bishop on saturday night to ask when church was, and to tell him he wants to be baptized. So, we are going to beging teaching this fine man tomorrow.

In our other ward, we have a lesson with another 9-year-old tonight, who wants to be baptized on his birthday, which is early June, so that is going well, as well.

So, the next 6 weeks should be interesting. Mother's Day in a few weeks (I don't know when I will be calling yet. Sorry), and then my birthday a few weeks after that. I will no longer be a teenageer! (i probably spelt that wrong. Oh well.) I am excited, but sad to see my companion go. There is a lot of work to be done in our two wards, and they are starting to get moving. The Lord is blessing us, and I pray He will continue to do so. The sun is starting to come out more in Hilo as well. It is time to push forward with much vigor! Keep smiling, thank you all for your continued support (sounds like a bad PBS comercial) and I love you all!

Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment