Tuesday, June 2, 2009

01/12/09

Aloha!!
It has definately been an interesting week. Elder Higley and I are still getting along well, and are starting to make some good strides. The work in our ward is really starting to get rolling, and the members are starting to get excited about it as well. A lot of them are worried about the economy, but I think missionary work helps soothe some of those worries.
Anyways, the big event this last week was zone conference on Wednesday. The spirit was very strong, and I think everyone left more determined to be the best they could. The next day Elder Higley and I spent about 4 hours planning for this week and the rest of our time in Kapaa. We set a lot of goals and commitments. We also really studied for a lesson with Jack and Sandy that we are going to have this next Wednesday. With the death of the daughter, Jack and Sandy are both really wondering what happens after we die, so we are going to have a nice long lesson with them in the chapel to answer that question.
Something really interesting (and fairly scarey) happened yesterday. Elder Higley called Jack to make sure he was coming to church. All Jack said when he picked up the phone was "I'm pao" meaning I'm done. Then he hung up. We didn't know what was going on, but we were nervous to call back. Sandy was in sacrament meeting, but Jack wasn't. She told us that he was working with Micah (the Jehova Witness friend). We were still worried that he didn't want to talk to us anymore, but figured we couldn't do anything while at church but pray. Before sacrament meeting was over, though, I saw Jack walking outside of the chapel. After sacrament finished, Elder Higley and I went to try to find him. Elder HIgley found him sitting in a truck, and told me. I was on my way over when our bishop found me and asked about him. We both started for the truck, and noticed that Sandy was right by it and looked really worried, and Jack looked very serious. When bishop and I got there, I realized that his knuckles were all cut up. Our bishop talked to him, and they went into the bishops office. He later told us that they talked for a long time, bishop gave Jack a blessing, and his whole countinence changed at the end. We called last night, and he was busy, but we are really looking forward to teaching him again on Wednesday, or seeing him tomorrow.
While Jack was in with the bishop, Sandy was talking to Bro. Thronus (who introduced Elder York and I to her so long ago). They talked about baptism, and she really wants to learn more about the church and perhaps be baptised. Elder Higley and I are extremely excited now.
Unfortunately, Elder Higley and I were not able to teach Brenda last week, and she didn't come to church. We haven't been able to get ahold of her, but she should be at FHE tonight, so we can talk to her then. She was still nice towards us last time we called. I am just hoping that something came up and she is still ok. I still have a really good feeling about Brenda.
So, mail has finally been figured out, and it is back on its usual track. I got my package last Thursday (technically it arrived on Wednesday, but I couldn't pick it up until Thursday) and thank you so much! I am guessing that the twinkies are from stacie, and I know the m&ms were from Tiff, but I have no idea where the others were given from. But thank you all! I actually opened it at a members house, and the wife took pictures of me as I opened it. She found it
absolutely hilarious.
Today is going to be a fun day. After we finish doing email, we are on our way to the chapel in a town called Kaleheo, which has a really steep hill. They have set up a water slide there, and we are going to have some fun. I bought some board shorts this morning specifically for it. They have done it before, and said that it was a blast.
I hope everyone is doing well. I look forward to seeing the family DVD when it arrives. Thank you everyone for your prayers and support. I pray for you all, and love you. Keep your faith in the Lord, and miricles happen.
Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment