Tuesday, July 13, 2010

07/12/10

Aloha

It is my continued prayer and hope for these last two weeks that the Lord will see fit to allow me to witness a miracle, which seems more and more will be Derek getting baptized before I leave. Right now he is trying to take steps in that direction (such as selling his $4,000 gold necklace), but every time someone brings up the idea to Ericah, she quickly responds that there is no way it will happen before I go home. Yet, we trust in miracles.
Other than that, the week has been good, but interesting. In response to Elder Pontanares' lack of communication, and his telling others that he was excited for me to leave, I decided to put him in charge of pretty much everything. So, he seems happier now, and I think at the same time he is realizing that things aren't going to be quite as easy as he thought, so things between us have eased up a little bit.
Life with our investigators continues on some good paths. Most of the great that happened this week happened on Friday while I was on an exchange in another ward, so I didn't see it. I did spend a good day with a greenie that is definitely struggling with being fully committed, so I shared some words of wisdom with him that hopefully will help him to get on, and stay on the path. I think in the end it will help. Elder Pontanares did well as well, finding two new Filipino investigators, one of which decided to come to church.
Overall, things have been moving fairly quickly this last week, and it seems that it will continue to move fast until the end. I got my itinerary this last Friday for my last couple of days, and for my flight home. I will be landing around 7:30 on the morning of the 30th, so I am excited to see all of you there. I get to go to the famous Swap Meet, PCC, and then Pearl Harbor before I come home, so I will have lots of pictures, and hopefully some souveniers (just remember, missionaries are poor)
One last good experience we had last night. We went over to the Mo'e family, or rather Mo'e aiga last night for a family lesson. Their car had broken down earlier in the day on the way to taking Bro. Moe to work, so they weren't able to make it to any of church, so they definately were excited for our visit. What was awesome was how our lesson (that we planned without knowing what was going on) on faith fit in perfectly with what they needed at that time. The spirit was strong, and you could see that they were touched. Before we left, Bro. Moe told us that we have hit him harder than any other missionaries before. Thanks be to the Lord for allowing us to be His servants.
I love you all so much. As always, thank your all that you do. See you soon!
Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment