Tuesday, July 13, 2010

07/06/10

Aloha

Well, it seems as though the Lord has decided that I haven't learned enough on my mission so far, and is continuing to give me opportunities to learn and grow until the end. I guess nothing worthwhile ever came easy.
The struggle I am having right now is my companion. I love the kid, but apparently he has decided that he doesn't like how I do missionary work (and wants to focus more on Philipeanos), and is simply waiting until I go home. I would be ok with this, but I feel recently that the division it is creating between us is causing the work to suffer. Unfortunately every time I say anything about it, he just ignores me, or denies anything, but you can tell something is bothering him. So, we'll see how the Lord inspires me to help with this situation.
Other than that, it was a difficult,ut ok week. We had a lot of people cancel appointments with us, and other things not go so well. Derek continues to be extremely busy, but we are hoping to commit him for the 27th today so that he will get baptized before I go home. Ericah is slowely but surely getting more and more on board, especially after going to her nephew's baptism. She said she felt a desire to do better, and be better. I love those feelings.
We found out (I don't remember if I said this last week or not) that Kelsea's grandfather has told her that she isn't old enough to decide on religion, but hasn't forbidden her from having contact with the church, or her friend that is a member. So, now we pray that his heart will be softened. Sister Prather, the mother of Kelsea's member friend also pointed out that in the end Kelsea just needs the permission of her mother... so I don't know exactly what Sister Prather has planned, but it sounds as though she has some sort of idea.
We managed to get into a super-arguement this last week with a baptist outside of the house of one of our members. He came up and said he liked talking to mormons, and then began to argue with us and attack us for a while. We were with our Ward Mission leader as well, which turned out either to be a blessing or a curse, since he took over a couple of times, but may have prevented us ending the conversation earlier than we did. In the end, I learned again that I don't like people that do that, that arguing never works, and that those that argue with you don't really listen to anything you say.
So, things may not be in the most ideal setting right now, but I know there is a reason for everything that is happening. I just hope that the Lord fills me in on why soon, and gives me the strength to do what needs to be done.
I love you all. As always, thanks for all of the continued guidance and support!
Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment