Tuesday, March 2, 2010

03/01/2010


So, first of all, the Tsunami did hit, but not enough to even get above the sand line on the beaches... and only on two of the other islands, so we were ok. It was a lot of fun to gt a call at 3:30 in the morning telling us to drive to the stake center. I was actually asleep when the Tsunami was supposed to happen. We ended up driving up this huge hill to the Makakilo stake center, and then we played "Crowd Control" for the rest of the day. I never thought it could be that tiring, or maybe it was simply being outside, or maybe just trying to avoid stupid immature missionaries, but I crashed after lunch for about half an hour. In the end, everyone was safe, and ok, and we had to reschedual our 7 appointments....
The rest of the week was fairly good. In fact, on Wednesday we saw a miracle. Megyn and Rachyl have one older sister who hasn't been baptized yet. She actually got scared away by a missionary who told her she should give up her baby and she couldn't be saved because she broke the Law of Chastity... or atleast that is what she heard. Anyway, after a bit of work from us, and her parents, she came up to us on Wednesday and wondered if she could get baptized with her two sisters... Of course we told her no and that if you don't decided to get baptized right when we start teaching you, you can't be saved.... Oh wait, no, of course not. We contained our enthusiasm as we told her of course, and double checked that she was ready. We have taught her every day since (even after the tsunami). She is solid. The Lord does provide miracles.
On Thursday we had interviews with our mission president, and Elder Mathews' and my companionship was called a "match made in heaven." He asked me to continue doing what I was, and that Elder Mathews has made some great strides. It is still slightly frustrating at times, but I know with the Lord's help that he will be able to become a great missionary. He loves the ward, but doesn't have much patience. I just worry when I go on exchanges and he isn't around me that he slips back a little bit.
But things are going well. The Tsunami really threw everything around last week, and afraid was the main focus on attention. But it did bring a lot of thoughts to mind. Any type of disaster makes you really think and ponder on what is really important. In that danger, no one worries about their card, their computer, their phone (though they still grab them). We worry about our families. We worry about those we care for. A missionary asked me if I was scared, and I told him no. I was more worried about everyone at home worrying about me, and those that were in danger, and all those in Chile. It was nice to hear from a member yesterday that all of the missionaries in Chile are ok, so I know that Kyle Rosenloft is ok. But, let us learn from this, and pray the Lord doesn't have to send something else to us. Appreciate our families. Take care of them. Tell them we love them. Provide service. Break out of the selfish atmosphere we have, and do something for someone else today.
As always, thank you all for the support, care, and love. I love you all so much.
Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment