Monday, March 22, 2010

03/22/2010

Aloha

So, the big news: Transfers. So, Elder Mathews and I will be staying in Waianae for another six weeks. I am excited and worried about this at the same time. I hope that I can use this time to help him, but I am afraid of it dragging on me, so I am praying the Lord will help me with that.
Otherwise, one of our zone leaders is leaving, which is a good thing. I was/am about ready to give him a piece of my mind, but seem to have been able to hold my tongue so far, so another 2 days shouldn't be too bad.
The sad part is that my best bud out here, Elder Trujillo, is going home this week, so things are going to be quite a bit different after that.
Otherwise, our week was interesting this last bit. I don't think I have ever had so many appointments cancel in my life. On Tuesday, we were supposed to have 5 lessons, and every single one canceled. Derrick had gotten behind on some work at his ranch, so we actually went and helped him for about an hour and a half making pallets (thought i would do that). He was the only one that was actually home though. The rest simply weren't there, forgot about us, or were sick... One guy actually told us that no one lived at his house by the name of the lady that told us to come back.
Wednesday followed a fairly similar trend, but it all wokred out in the end. It really was a slow week. We were able to have a couple of really good lessons with Derrick, and he is doing well. His girlfriend is finally starting to realize that she needs to change her life too. Hopefully Derrick will be the dominoe that gets his family baptized, and Erica's family reactivated. There is a lot of work to do there. Unfortunately for Derrick and his family, the cops showed up at his house yesterday because his mom caught his dad on the phone with another woman... so we will see how all of that works out.
Saturday night we had an interesting experience. I was talking on the phone with some Elders in my district, and Elder Mathews was carving a piece of mango tree our member gave him. He asked me how deep I thought he would get cut if he slipped. I responded, "Deep enough I'd have to take you to the hospital." Well, no more that 2 minutes later I see his knife drop, hear a gasp of pain, and see him grab his hand... Well, we didn't go to the hospital (the "hospital" here is a joke and the only real hospital is about 45 minutes away) we went to an investigators house. He stitched him up, and we returned home. What a fun night.
Some interesting news: This morning we got a call from an investigator (JJ) who we dropped for a bit. He went to church with his uncle on the big island, and is wanting us to come by again. I'll let you know how that goes next week.
I love you all. Thanks again for the continued support, love, and encouragement!
Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment