Tuesday, March 30, 2010

03/29/10

loha

So, this has been another intestesting week. First, Elder Trujillo began his journey back to Colorado early this week (to answer your question mom, I'm pretty sure he'll be around when I get home). So, it has definately been different to know that he is no longer around.
Things flowed fairly well this week, with a couple of big bumps. First, on Monday night we got a call from a tongan family that needed a blessing for their son. Well, he was in Honolulu, so we couldn't go ourselves, so we called the elders down there to go give a blessing, trusting they would do so. Big mistake. Wednesday morning I got a call and got chewed out royally by a tongan lady who didn't seem to understand my saying : "We can't go to Honolulu. We called the Elders there." So, I was feeling a little frustrated by the end of that conversation. So, we spent a good amount of time making sure that elders went by today, but it still took them forever. So, I got another call that night from our Ward Mission Leader asking about it. That wasn't much fun either. Luckily, our Ward Mission Leader trusts and respects both Elder Mathews and I, so he gave us the benefit of the doubt for the most part, and has been defending us to the ward leaders. We think everything got figured out, but we are hoping the family is not still mad at us.
On Friday my companion got sick, which wasn't much fun either. So, Friday and Saturday we spent quite a bit of time at our house so that he could sleep and get feeling better. I had to have some other missionaries come with me for a little bit so that I could go teach two lessons we had schedualed. In the end, he feels better, and we still had a fantastic week.
To follow up on last weeks email about JJ, we met with him twice this week, and he actually came to church. I nearly fainted, but it was awesome to see him there. He had to leave after sacrament (apparently he has some kidney problems) but he seemed to enjoy his time there. He knows he needs to get baptized, and he has taken some steps now.
Derrick continues to do well. In fact, this last week he got his mom to sit in on a lesson with us. Also, another one of our investigators is also encouraging her family to learn about the church. We made the comment that it is sad when investigators do more missionary work than the members.
But, the Lord has a sence of humor, since shortly after we said that, one of our members invited his non-member brother to dinner, and another called to let us know her friend wants and needs to learn about the Plan of Salvation... We tried saying that non-members were doing more missionary work to see if the phone would ring again, but it didn't. I am super pleased with those two though.
So, the Lord provides a way as we sacrifice in our lives, and put Him first. I had the thought this morning of how selfish this world has become, and how much more we ourselves need to analyze our lives to make sure that we don't fall into the same trap. Let us break away from the "me,me,me" attitude. What can I do for you? What can I do for the Savior? If we ask those, we ourselves will be happier, and be able to help others as well.
I love you all so much, and as always, and so grateful for all you do for me. Keep smiling, and know the Lord loves us all.
Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment