Monday, July 13, 2009

07/13/09

Aloha Big Island

Yep, I'm headed off of the island. We got the call last night, and I am headed back to O'ahu. Then we got another call this morning, and I found out that I will be a District Leader on O'ahu. So, may the Lord bless me in my future endevors.

It has been a great last week though. Unfortuanately Robert and Carey both dogged out of their appointments, but we had a different experience. On Tuesday, we began teaching a guy by the name of Justin Keola Texiera. He is probably the most solid investigator I have ever had. He loved the lesson, so we came back on Saturday. He loved that lesson, so we got him clothes for church. He loved church, and he and his wife (a less active member) have an appointment with the bishop for Tuesday night. He has felt the spirit, he's read atleast all of 2 Nephi and possibly more, and loves the missionaries. I'm grateful the Lord gave me this opportunity to meet him and begin working with him before I leave.

So, that was the greatest part of the week. Other than that, we did our usual. We met with Preston and had a good lesson with him, but we haven't been able to meet with him for about a week. They are a busy family, but hopefully we will see them tonight. Anthony is doing well, we have just been waiting for the courts so we could get him baptized. They are foster boys and their Aunt and Uncle are trying to adopt them. They finally have a court day this week, so hopefully that will go through.

So, it will be fun the next day or two, going to see everyone. I don't know if I will be able to replace the pictures from the memory card that was lost because it is raining today, but I can get them another time. I will remember the places that I want to go to for pictures.

I hope everyone is doing well. Thank you for your continued support, and encouragement. I love you all!

Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment