Monday, June 7, 2010

06/07/10

Aloha

So, I'm actually typing this in the body of another email, and then I will transfer it over to the normal one. I am sending a few pictures to our mission president and his wife, and it is taking forever for the pictures to upload. So, here I sit on this page, and I figure, why not type out my other email? Ahh, brilliant...

This has been an interesting week. Zone conference, canceled appointments, marriage discussions, baptismal invitations, and more canceled appointments. But we keep rolling.

Derek and Ericah (I finally got both of their names due to Ericah drawing during stake conference) had a fun week. We went over on Tuesday and Thursday, and had some good conversations. But Saturday. We showed up, and Derek told us that they had been fighting. So, he wanted us to go talk to Ericah for a bit to calm her down. Well, through both conversations we had before party a and b met up, I think we figured out what was going on. Derek felt like Ericah has such high standards that he has to work so hard to meet them, and so he wants her to be grateful for what she has. Ericah thinks Derek works too much and spends too much time with his friends. So, we read the Family Proclamation with them, and told them that they needed to find a gentle balance between work, possessions, and time together. They both realized that they needed to make some sacrifices, and seemed much happier yesterday. Hopefully some big things soon.

We spent a lot of time this last week simply trying to get ahold of the Kaleuati family since two of their boys are supposed to get baptized this next Saturday. We thought we were going to have to postpone it, but yesterday we got everything situated and organized, so they are doing well.

Kelsea is struggling right now because she is still afraid to tell her Grandpa about meeting with us. But we found out that more so, she is scared when he learns that her friend Sarah is a member, that he won't let her hang with her anymore. So, we are trying to figure out now what the Lord wants us to do in this situation.

The Hurtado family is doing well. We invited the son (Ralph) and mom (Marilyn) to be baptized on June 26. They seem to be excited. So, there is a lot this family is going to be able to do. Elder Pontanares is doing wonders with them.

We also had zone conference this last Thursday. I thought it would be the last one I would have with President Peterson, but I found out that there will be one more 2 days before he goes home. So, I will not have a zone conference with the new mission president… but I will have two interviews with him. Zone conference was very good, and as usual helped lift my spirits and get me going again.

So, there are trials and struggles, but there is a lot going on as well. After the trails come the blessings. That is for sure. I love you all. Keep smiling, and thank you for all you do for me!

Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment