Monday, May 24, 2010

05/24/10

Aloha and miracle May

It has been quite an exciting week. So exciting and productive that our Zone Leaders were wondering where our numbers came from. Ok... maybe politely questioning if we made them up or not. Sad that we can't seem to please them, but oh well. We did well, and we know it.
We were able to teach a lot of people this last week, but I think the miracles came more as we were able to begin teaching more people. First of all is Chris and Trisha, who were taught by missionaries almost a year ago, and elders quite stopping by. So, we went by, had a good lesson, and they are excited for all our future visits. They have struggled in the past with church attendance, and they aren't married, but we can help people get over that.
Next were the Hurtado family, a Filipino family that had gone less active a while ago, but have a son they want to have get baptized... and a non member wife. So,they are excited to have us come by, and my companion is super excited to meet with them.
Lastly the Kaleuati ohana, who provided the miracle to lift my spirits yesterday. The wife (Olive) just started coming back to church. We were supposed to stop by a couple of times to talk to them, but they were never home. We finally were able to meet with them last night, and they are excited to have us come by. Three of the kids have not been baptized, and they are excited to learn and come back to church. Olive was in tears for part of the short message we shared, and is so grateful that we are coming over. So, with that miracle, we continued on.
Most of our investigators did well this last week, but when Sunday came, Charrise, JJ, Harley, and Derek were not there, though they had said they would be. Derek showed up later, and Harley had to help his uncle, but JJ and Charrise were a disappointment. So, we will continue on.
Kelsea is the young girl we started teaching a while ago, who has member friends. She is super nervous about baptism, but wants me to baptize her. Her friend leaves next week, but gets back my last day in Waianae. So, it is looking like we will be having a baptism that last night if all goes well, which would be fine by me.
Derek and Erica are progressing. We answered a lot of questions for them this last week in our meetings, but Derek had some big news and made my week. He told us that he almost has all of the money for Erica's ring, which is awesome. But, he also told me that if something were to happen and he didn't get baptized before I left, that he would fly me back for the baptism, and I think he wants to fly me back for the sealing. The Lord truely does bless us and I guess I have been able to help Derek.
So, all is going well. Thank you all for your love and support. I won't get to write until Tuesday next week due to Memorial Day. I love you all!
Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment