Thursday, May 20, 2010

04/26/10

Honolulu

Yeah, I've actually spent a good amount of time in the big city this last week, and I have learned again that I do not like Honolulu, and am praying that the Lord never makes me serve there.
But why have I been there? Well, on Wednesday we went to teach a lesson at the church, and our investigator and fellowshipper both have nursing backgrounds. So, they looked at Elder Mathew's arm, and told him they were going to kidnap him and take him to the doctor because the antibiotics he had weren't working... So instead he called the office and we went down to Honolulu... and have continued to do so every day since (Today made day six) so that he can get an IV with antibiotics. It was staph, but it doesn't look like it became merca (or however you spell it). I have realized that I have spent an incredible amount of time in that doctor's office (Elder Stewart, Lauritzen, and now Mathews). He is supposed to have only one more treatment, but I can't go with him tomorrow because of our district meeting.
So, that made everything fun this last week, and really took a lot of time out of everything. We didn't get to teach very many people due to that either, but are looking forward to this next week. I'm afraid I am also looking forward to transfers next week as well because I don't feel I am able to help Elder Mathews any more, and I want to be able to do more work than I currently am able to with him.
One interesting thing happened yesterday. In our PEC meeting, we brought up the Miller family and that they need fellowship, and that they still don't have home teachers. Well, our High Priest Group Leader busts out and says that home teachers are nice, but not really important, and that the family needs to convert themselves now..................................................................................
so, after the awkward silence we continued, and I came to the realization of why it is that barely anyone in our ward does their home teaching. He called us later that night trying to tell us how to do our job as missionaries too. But we love all members, and are glad that they are trying to be involved. ;- ()
So, we'll see how things go. But that was pretty much our week. I love you all, and am continually grateful for all that you do. Remember to smile!
Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment