Thursday, May 20, 2010

05/03/10


Alright, so the transfer information is:......... I am staying in Waianae, and Elder Mathews is leaving. So, it is a little sad to see him leave, but at the same time I am excited for a new companion. I'm afraid Elder Mathews has burned himself out when it comes to Waianae, and is ready to go somewhere else. It has been hard to get things done when he has no faith in some of the people we are working with. He is also headed off of O'ahu, so he is really excited about that.
It has been another tough week. We had to go to Honolulu another couple of times for Elder Mathew's staph infection. Apparently it is a really bad case because we took so long to take him in. We actually went this morning for his last check-up (has to be the last since he is leaving). I realized again that I hate Honolulu. It was so hard to get back on the freeway, and there are so many people that we actually got locked in the parking lot for about 10 minutes. But, others may enjoy it.
With transfers, the chance that I will finish my mission in Waianae has greatly increased, which I am ok with. I made up a list of goals I had if I stayed, and there were about 7 names with "baptize" in front of them on that list, and a couple with "reactivate" in front of them. There is a lot that I want to do, so now is the time I get to do it. Also, I know that I won't ever have to serve in Honolulu! Hurray!
Things went ok other than that this last week. We got word yesterday at church that Harley and Charlene don't feel ready for their baptism on Saturday, so we will be pushing that back a bit. Derrick is still doing well, but Erica still doesn't want to get married. Charrise is awesome in lessons, but can't seem to make it to church. So, there are a lot of things that need to be done, but a lot of potential at the same time.
So, on Wednesday begins a new day. Now is a time to shine. I am so excited. I love you all, and will talk to those that are in Ohio on Sunday! I love you all.
Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment