Monday, November 16, 2009

11/16/09

Aloha and Aloha

Ok, so this is going to be a difficult and interesting email.

First of all, I need to tell a story from this last week. On Tuesday night, I went on an exchange. Well, I found out when I got picked up that we were going to pick up a couple other elders and have a night of playing some card games. I didn't think it was too bad, so I went along with it. Well, the next day a couple of us felt really bad and called our mission president. So, I will not be a district leader next transfer due to my transgression. I felt and still feel a little horrible, but it has given me the motivation to do better. I feel I have learned a lesson that I wish to share with others now. Follow the rules/commandments, but also that the atonement is real. My biggest worry is how much I have disappointed all of you.

The other news is that I am being transfered. Also, they are splitting the two wards that we covered. So, Elder Call is going to stay in Olomana, and they are bringing two new missionaries into Waimanalo. So, I don't know where I am going to be either. Things are going to be different.

But we had a pretty good week this last week. Rick is having some struggles with his mom right now. She doesn't want him to get baptized, but she is not forbidding it. We told him struggles and trials come, so he is going to pray and see what the answer is. Trayleen is doing well, we just had some trouble with the wards. She lives in one ward, but wants to go to the other. Anyway, things got worked out this last week (probably a little aggressively) and she can now go to the ward she wants to. She is happy about that, but I am sad that I won't be here for her baptism.

We are also going to be able to start working with a couple people we haven't been able to get ahold of for a while. So, things are starting to pick up down here, which seems to follow the general pattern of my mission.

On a better note, all the missionaries on Oahu this next friday (I am staying on Oahu, so that's me as well) have a special meeting. President Monson is coming to Hawaii for a regional conference, and Elder Perry as well. Well, they want to have a special meeting with the missionaries. I am super excited. It is going to be amazing. I'll let you know how it goes!

So, in the end, this has been a week of learning for me. Remember to follow the rules, even if you don't believe that it is that bad. The cool thing that happened though was on Thursday when I felt horrible thinking about what other people would think. Then the spirit gave me the impression of: "It doesn't matter what other people think, only the Lord." So, in the end, I feel bad, stupid, etc... but I know that I am on the right path, and am doing the best I can from this point out. The atonement is real, and the Lord loves us.

I love you all so much. I apologize again for disappointing you. I ask for your forgiveness. Again, I love you.

Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment