Monday, November 16, 2009

11/02/09

Aloha

I've decided that mom has this great way of saying exactly what needs to be said to make you feel guilty as heck and encourage you to do what needs to be done... Long enough sentance? Basically, I have been struggling like crazy recently with Elder Call. I am trying my best to help him, be nice, encourage him, etc. but it has been a very draining experience. Then mom tells me of a poem written by a kid in the school about beauty, and not having any friends, and of course I start to analyze and realize that I need to be Elder Call's friend... Now how to do it is the hard part...

But anway, now that I feel guilty (thanks lots mom! ; ) the rest of the week. Well, we had another week of struggles, but not without rewards. Mostly we know that this will be a great week, and Trayleen continues to work towards baptism. She met with our bishop yesterday, came out and told us she had been crying a lot, to which we shared that the church could supply the world with water for about a year just through our tears... (should we market that?) But she is doing great. We are meeting again with her tonight, and hoping to help strengthen her resolve to quit whatever actions are keeping her from baptism. We reset her date to the 5th of December.

We are going to meet with Rick tonight (he had to cancel last week). There are full-time missionaries over the singles ward, and the call seems to be that our assistants think that if they can go there, they should because it will be "better for them." Well, one of Rick's fellowshippers thinks that that idea is one of the dumbest he has ever heard. He is worried about the family and doesn't think that Rick will want them to teach him, so he may keep coming to the family ward. We will see how it plays out.

Josh and Isaiah may not be getting baptized for a while. I think Aunty Momi (the grandma) is still mad at us since she hasn't spoken to us at all. Our bishop is going to talk to her again because right now she wants to wait until next year for them to get baptized, and our bishop thinks it should be soon (we agree). I love our bishop.

Halloween is pretty lame on a mission. You can't do anything. We had a great dinner with uncle Ray though, and I patched up a huge hole in my soul... wait... sole... of my shoe... yeah, that one. Shoe goo is fantastic.

So, we are really excited about this week. I am also excited for Saturday because UH plays USU... so we will see how it goes.

A bit of a spiritual thought, and slight rant. Most missionaries either love or hate fast sunday because of the 'testimonies' that are shared. Yesterday was a prime example. We had some good, some bad, some stories, some 'What was that?'s, but in the end I think it is ok. A young couple that moved into our ward brought a friend to church, and she seemed to enjoy it all. But, the point is, a testimony is simply a declaration of belief. To say I know something is a testimony. I know the Savior lived and dies and lives again, for us. He loves us so much. He cares for us so much. He teaches us through the Holy Ghost. Joseph Smith is his prophet and revelator for these last days. And with everything we do, we say all things, and do all things in the name of Christ.

Thank you all for your continued support, love, encouragement, teaching, etc. I love you all!

Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment