Monday, August 3, 2009

08/03/09

Aloha!

I love what one of the sister missionaries in my district said to me last night: "We are expecting miracles. We are going to have to go through the trials to be able to see those miracles." It really seems to be that way for our district at the moment.

We had a good week, but definately had some struggles. Elder Simnitt and I had a wonderful start of the week, but a lot of things feel through by the end. We had some good solid lessons, and I think it will lead to a lot in the near future, but it didn't have any initial results. We tried to commit the husband of the lady that got baptized last week, and he is sure that he isn't ready. Well, were pretty sure that with her working on him, he should be ready soon. They both want to go to the temple, and all we have to do is point out that baptism is the step in that direction. Unfortunately he sees no rush. But we have much hope.

I had an interesting baptisimal interview this last week. It took about an hour. The guy had a lot of questions and concerns, but seemed ready by the end. I was wondering about some of his questions, and then we found out yesterday that his roommate is an ex-communicated member, and has been feeding him a bunch of anti stuff. He has postponed his baptism for now, but I have great faith in the missionaries, and I think he will be back on track soon.

I also had a really good exchange with a new elder on Saturday. He has been having a lot of struggles, but we were able to have a good talk, and he felt a lot better by the end of the day. It is interesting to see someone else at that point, but wonderful to be able to help them through those same struggles. It was a wonderful experience.

Oh, a bit of cool info... there is a store over here called Long's Drugs. Well, they sell a bit of everything. The biggest thing is some eastern candy. Well, imagine my surprise when an elder in our zone mentions Tim Tams... yes, they sell tim tams here. So, if anyone wants some that don't have to be shipped from Australia... They are about $3-$4 a package. There may not be an incredible selection, but it has been amazing to have some tim-tam slams.

Well, I hope all is going well for everyone. We are looking forward to this week, and are super excited. We have seen trials, and now we have faith that the Lord will bring miracles. I love you all!

Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment