Tuesday, August 25, 2009

08/24/09

Aloha

Well, I might as well give you the announcement of transfers...... Drum roll please!............ I am staying here, but my companion is flying off the island. What is more....... I am training again (sounds of... well, something). I'm not sure to think right now, but I am super hopeful and confident. I feel a lot more prepared to do it this time, so I hope it all goes well. It will be sad to see Elder Simnitt go, especially when our wards are about to catch fire.

So, it was a good week. The entire district really improved. We had a baptism, and two other areas set up two baptisms a piece. Throw in that we should be able to commit four this week, and Kailua is about to go crazy. I am super excited and proud of my district, and am super excited to help them continue on that path.

We had a good week as well. We still had our struggles, but this week was amazing for finding people to teach. We were able to find four new people to teach this last week, all through tracting (I'm still stunned). This week we should be able to start teaching more people that our members have sent our way, so we are ready to go.

So, the highlight of this last week was that we were able to help Aloha Karratti-Jamora come to the waters of baptism. I don't know how much we did though. She is incredibly smart for a 9 year old, and has way too much attitude too. She's been going to primary for a while though, so I guess that can explain it. We also were able to talk to a lot of former investigators and we should be able to start working with them.

The biggest miracle of this last week was a phone call I got on Friday morning. I answered the phone, and was told that one of our members had a baptism for us. Nelson has been taught the lessons before, but fell through on his date. Well, he has decided that the church is true, and that he wants to be baptized. He is about 80 years old, and my new greenie and I will meet him on Thursday.

Well, the next couple of days will be fun. Elder Simnitt is going to go and say goodbye to all the people he knew. I'm afraid we are running behind today, so I must make this short. I love you all. Remember that the Lord loves you too. Thank you for the love and support you give to me!

Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment