Tuesday, August 11, 2009

08/10/09

Aloha and happy birthday

Yes, first of all I would like to wish a happy birthday to Aubree today! Happy birthday. Also a quick note to Aubree, the idea sounds ok, but it might take a bit of time to get it done.

Also, to answer mom's questions, I haven't ordered contacts, but I have enough for a little while longer, could you please order some, I take my vitamins, but since I didn't at the start of the mission, I have a bit still, and I got my new debit card... I think that was all of them.

So, we had a really good week this last week. We were able to begin teaching 4 new people, committed one of those for baptism, and committed one other guy for baptism. But more explainations.

Monday night we were able to begin teaching this lady named Chindel. She seems really nice, but it also looks as though she had some drug use in the past, and it messed with her brain and body a little bit. She loves to read though, and we are going back tonight to teach her some more.

Tuesday we had a good day. We began with district meeting, where I trained on the conversion process. I taught that we ourselves, and our investigators have to follow a pattern, or circle. We have to have a desire, which leads to us gaining more knowledge, which leads to an action (usually prayer), and finally we receive a spiritual experience or change of heart. Then we have to use that experience to create a desire again, either to learn more or to share what we know. But, the center of this circle is Christ, and like a dog tied to a tree, as we go around and around the circle, the rope or distance from the center gets shorter and shorter. In our analogy, we grow closer to Christ. I thought it went well.

Anyway, Wednesday we went on an exchange with the Zone Leaders. Elder Tominaha and I had a great day. Most of our lessons canceled on us, but we were able to find a new investigator, and we committed David for the 28th of this month (more to come on that story later). It was a hard, but great day in the end, and we were extremely busy.

Thursday Elder Simnitt returned, and we had a fantastic day. We were able to teach 4 lessons and had members with us for each. We taught Loretta again, then we went and taught two new investigators our Warm Mission Leader found for us. One is a former investigator that is going to go to the Laie Visitor Center this week, and the other is a 9 year old girl named Aloha, who is the grandaughter of a member in our ward. She is going to get baptized on the 23rd.

Anyway, we'll skip Friday because I don't remember much. Saturday I had Elder Aldridge with me on an exchange. It has only been a few months since we were companions, so it was interesting. Well, we went by David again, and he told us that he felt a little too pressured, and wasn't going to be ready by the 28th. He still wants to get baptized and be an eternal family though, so he wants to meet on a more private level, so we are happy to obligue. That night we went to a baptisimal service with Loretta, which went well. Elder Stewart (now Brother Stewart) and his family are back to visit, so they came as well. It was fun to meet them. Elder Simnitt was feeling sick, but he got feeling better by the end. Lorretta seemed to like it as well.

So, Sunday, church. Well, church was church. What was cool is that we took Loretta (we saw her a lot this week) to a fireside in Honolulu with Elder Kikuchi, who used to be the mission president here, and has an article in the ensign this month (highly recommended). It was awesome. He is a very powerful speaker, and we are looking forward to our Zone Conference with him this Thursday. We didn't get to talk to Loretta much about it, but we are definatley going to see her this week, and soon. She was touched by it, we could tell. Also, at one point Elder Kikuchi asked me a question as we were sitting on the front row. Well, he was asking who Alma's friend was that took him into his home and cared for him. So he looks down at me and asks, "Well, Elder?" So, I yelled out Amulek. My mission president joked with me afterwards if I hadn't know it, he would have sent me home. So no pressure. But it was amazing.

On a fun note, a tropical storm should be hitting us sometime today, but it should be alright. We will be safe and sound. We're mostly just worried about the other Hurricanes out there right now, but we are well prepared, and the Lord will watch over us.

Thank you all for your continued support, love, and encouragement. I love you all so much!

Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment