Wednesday, February 24, 2010

02/16/10

Aloha

So, this may be the last week that I email from this account. The church has set up a new server with google, so I should be switching soon. You can continue to send emails to this account though. They will keep it in tact so that emails still come to it and get forwarded to the other.

This has definately been an interesting week. I am not entirely sure about my companion right now. Some days it feels like we can do wonderfully, and others I wonder if I am going to survive this time with him. His name is Elder Mathews. He's from Mesa Arizona. The problem I have is that he really doesn't care anymore about rules or the mission. So.... you can see my quandry. He has been out about 10.5 months.... so a ways to go. I was about ready to call our mission president yesterday and ask what I should do about a companion that doesn't really want to work, and has no problems breaking the rules. But, we had a good conversation this morning, and are working on things. He is one that doesn't like to be forced into anything, and will rebel if someone tries to. He also told me that he has done better with me than his last few companions. So, I may be onto something to be able to help him. I have told him that I won't join in on anything, but that I can't force him, and he seems to respect that. He is willing to follow me, just not necissarily(sp?) willing to take the lead. So, I am praying the Lord will help me help him, and also give me the strength to continue on. Also, I will learn all I can to improve myself as well.

But other than that.... last week was pretty good. We began teaching the sisters of the girl we baptized the week before. Megyn and Rachyl (yes, I spelled those right) are 14 and 9. They are the last two daughters of Noah and Kia to be taught. One other daughter was taught but stopped, but hopefully we can get her to start again soon. They are doing well.

Derrick is also doing well. We just had a lesson/lunch with him. He has some pretty big concerns, but is willing to change. He wants to give up his WoW concerns, and get married. He wants to Holy Ghost. Now we just have to set goals to do it soon.

JJ still hasn't come to church. We have some ideas to help him, but he knows he needs to. He has said that a lot of times it takes a lot to get him moving on things. But, like a freight train, I would imagine once he starts it will be hard to get him to stop.

Yesterday was a fun day. We woke up early and went on a very, very long hike. I will try to send pictures next week. We started at about 7 and got back around 1. It was awesome, but very tiring, and I am now sunburnt. But, that is what always seems to happen to me.

Some other news, Elder Simnitt (if you remember him from a few months ago) is in my district, and I am actually going on an exchange with him on Friday. It is going to be interesting to go on exchanges with a former companion again (I did it before with Elder Aldridge).

Also, we had district meeting this morning, and I want to share some things from that. Our bishop actually gave me the inspiration. In Ether 1, we read about the Brother of Jared, and Jared (ever notice Jared kinda bosses his brother around? :-) and the tower of Babel. When the people were doing this wickedness, the first thing the Lord did was to confound the language. How important was communication to them, and to us today? The Brother of Jared prayed for help to overcome that. We need to pray to the Lord for help with communicating, and do all we can to improve communication.

Well, I think that is all. Happy Birthday to all that have had a birthday. Keep smiling, keep strong, thanks for all you do, and I love you all.

Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment