Saturday, February 6, 2010

02/01/10


First of all since I have forgotten to say it the last two weeks, Happy Birthday to Dad and Jeremy (and probably to add to foot-in-mouth) and anyone else in January!

So, it seemed this last week as though the Lord wished to bless us even more since Sunday was disappointing. We found six new people to teach this last week, one of those belonging to a family. Another part of a less-active family we hope will come back through our efforts. So, there is a lot of potential.

Derrick is doing great. He loves the things we are telling him, and the joy it is bringing into his life. The only problem we have is that his girlfriend used to go to another ward, and her family is there, so she still wants to go there. Hopefully when they are more comfortable they will start coming to ours. Until that day though, we will help them all that we can.

Thursday this last week was amazing. We had our zone conference, and as always it was motivational. The cool thing this time was a role play that I was able to do with Elder Trujillo. We were supposed to be listening to the spirit for guidance about how to resolve concerns (rather than going to the usual list we seem to carry in our heads). Well, I wanted to have the spirit inspire me to give a concern to him. And it did. I realized that the concern I gave was one that he had before he got baptized. So, by the end of the role play, I was in tears, and he was close. It was such an awesome experience, and a chance for him and I to grow closer together.

Sunday again turned into a little bit of a disappointing day. We found out one of our less actives that had been coming back might have fallen off the deep end again, and a few people didn't come to church that said they would. Anyway, means we have a lot of work to do this week, so we will be busy.

Elder Ka'ahanui acts like a regular missionary while he is with me, but hopefully he will be getting his call in the next day or two. Then, he goes back home next wednesday and I will get another companion. So, I will have had 14 companions. I'm half shooting to have 17 by the end of my mission.

Thank you all for the continued support, love, and care. I love you all!

Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment