Monday, January 25, 2010

01/11/10


So, I again realized this morning that I am glad that I get to come home in the summer. I walked upstairs to get a bowl for my oatmeal (Mom never ever thought she would hear me say that), and it was cold. I'm on the warm side of the island, and it is cold... So, it was probably in the mid 60's this morning. Tough life out here, eh?

So, it has been a fun week. I have found out a few things about my companion, and mostly that he has quite a few medical issues. In fact, there is a very real chance he could be headed home soon, which would be sad. He has a cat-scan, or a ct scan (or something) tomorrow to look at his pancrease. If it turns out to be serious, or require a diet, or something like that, he very well may be headed back to Arizona... so, we'll see what happens.

We spent a lot of time this last week trying to find new investigators to teach. After having 6 baptisms in one day, the teaching pool was a little low. Well, at the end of the week, we had found 3 new people, and have quite a few more possibilities for this week. One guy, named Martin, just had a brain tumor removed. He talks to a lot of missionaries, and has a little bit of a hard time talking and remembering things right now, but he told us he would read the Book of Mormon. We'll let you know how that all turns out.

I don't remember if I told everyone last week or not, but Kia Miller's (one of our recent converts, and mother of our committed) father passed away last Sunday night. So, their week has been a bit chaotic. We decided to go see them on Wednesday or Thursday up at her father's house. Well, the only problem with that is that Elder Lauritzen wasn't exactly sure where it was. So, we went to the end of the street, and started back down looking for their house. We were going very slowly, and I'm pretty sure we scared a few people. Anyway, I started going a bit faster, and decided that we needed to look up the address of the members that lived right near by, and go from there. Well, when I pulled over so we could look in the area book, who should we see standing across the street but Noah (Kia's husband). The coolest part was as we were talking to them later, and Noah tells us about his side of the story. He was feeling stressed and wanted to talk to someone, so he had headed down the street to talk to the member (the same one we were trying to look up). Well, no one answered so he started back to the other house. Just as he got there, we pulled up. And to add, after we had been there a bit, the bishop called as well. So, Noah felt the spirit so strongly, that we had been sent there when he needed us, and the bishop knew to call as well. I love being a missionary.

We also were able to have a lessons with a group of people that live in group homes (we think they are all just a little slow) last night, and were able to commit them to come to a mini-stake conference we are having next week (Elder Cook is coming). So we are excited about that. They are starting to get really interested in temple marriage, so baptism is the first step.

Things are going well. And once again we see how the Lord blesses us as we do all that He has asked. I came to the realization this last week also of how He answers prayers. A lot of times when we ask for something such as humility, we receive it slowly. And we may not realize how our prayer has been answered unless we take a moment and look back and notice how much we have changed. I guess this way is better than the Lord sending a humble train to ram us. I prefer it that way.

As always, and always continued, thank you all for the support, love and care. I love you all, and wish you the best for this upcoming week.

Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment