Wednesday, September 30, 2009

09/28/09

Aloha!

Wow, it was a good week. Of course, some things could have gone better, but even with 4 lessons cancelling on us, the Lord blessed us.

On Tuesday we started out with Zone Conference which was fantastic. I sang the song "O Lord, my Redeemer" for the musical number, which went well. The only problem is that I have been asked to sing at a meeting for investigators this week. Oh well...

After zone conference, we went out and were able to teach a couple of lessons. One of those was to a young boy named Justyce Cummings. His grandma and mom are both active, but have been less-active for a long time. Elder Simnitt and one of his previous companions here taught Justyce all of the lessons, and a few more, but they would never come to church. Well, a few weeks ago, he showed up at church. Before we could go over though, someone in the family died, and that chaos insued. Well, we finally were able to go over this last week, review everything he learned, and he will be getting baptized on October 11! Hurray! Now we are going to try to use this as an opportunity for our other investigators.

On Wednesday, we spent the entire day running from one appointment to another. It was fun, but tiring. We had a good lesson with Jason Skaggs and his family. Jason Skaggs is a recently re-activated member who has a 12 year old (unbaptized) daughter, and a fiance (to be wife in about 11 hours), and he wants his family to be sealed in the temple. So, they are doing great. We are going with him to that investigator meeting this wednesday that I am singing at.

Thursday was a little bit disappointing, but good at the same time. 3 lessons canceled on us, but we had a really good one at the end of the night. The really cool thing was David though, who called in a little bit of frustration, but shared with me that he wants to continue the path, and that he feels like he can trust me and talk to me. That meant a lot to me. Apparently he feels he has the gift of discearnment, and after only a couple of minutes, he like me. So, I was especially grateful to the Lord that night.

Saturday night one of our wards had a fish fry, and man can these guys cook fish. It was amazing. I think it is funny though, I've realized that Brandon and I may have to go out to eat a lot when I get home because I really like raw fish now. I don't know if I shared the experience, but one time on Kauai with Jack, he had us over for dinner one night after he had been fishing. Well, I watched him pull a fish out of the freezer, skin it, and start slicing pieces of meat for me to eat. Oh, it was delicious. Shashimi is how I think it is spelled.

So, all in all, it was a good week. I also really enjoyed the last verse in Ether this last week: "Now the last words which are written by Ether are these: Whether the Lord will that I be translated, or that I suffer the will of the Lord in the flesh, it mattereth not, if it so be that I am saved in the kingdom of God." What amazing faith and trust did Ether have in the Lord. No matter what happens in this life, it doesn't matter as long as we are saved in the Kingdom of God. By the same token though, 2 Nephi 25 tells us that we are to have joy, so we should be able to have joy with whatever happens to us, and if we are following the commandments, we will have joy and be saved in the Kingdom of God.

Thank you all as always for your support, encouragement, and love. I love you all!

Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment