Wednesday, September 30, 2009

09/21/09

Aloha from week of struggles

So, it was interesting yesterday to see how incredibly down I was at the start of church, and how chipper (annoyingly so to Elder Call) I was by the end of the night. I realized yesterday morning how absolutely dismal our week had been, but had an incredible amount of faith by the end. This is going to be an amazing week.

On that note, I'll tell you about our week. This week was Waimanalo's 60th anniversary of the forming of the first branch. So, Sunday there was a special sacrament meeting, Monday there was a fireside, Tuesday was a fun night, Thursday was a movie night, and Saturday was the biggest Luau I have been to yet. So, it was a fun week, but missionary work seemed down.

But it wasn't that we weren't trying. I didn't count, but I would guestimate that we had about 8-10 canceled lessons through the week. Several investigators bailed, other just didn't go through. But this week has potential to be HUGE!

Tuesday night at the fun night was awesome though. We had a member bring about 30 nonmembers to the activity. They are all from Chuuke (yes, more of those people. I promise the place exists). They had a blast, and we were able to introduce them to the gospel. More activities are being planned for them, and we are excited to share more with them. Thursday night was a movie night that we couldn't participate in, but as we were getting the popcorn and hotdogs, I heard a few lines and the movie sounded intense. I think it was called "Against the Giants" or something like that. But it sounded really good and religious based, so I'm going to look it up when I get back. We were at the church waiting for a lesson (that canceled on us), so they made sure we got something to eat.

Last night was good though. We have started teaching active members of our ward so that we can get more practice, bring the spirit to them, and then get them to invite friends as well. We taught a newly wed couple in our ward that is getting sealed soon, and they really enjoyed it. We then taught one of our bishops, and he and his family loved it, and he is going to try to get a nonmember to our next lesson : )

So, in the end, the week seemed tough, but it will be good. There are adversities in life that we struggle through, but if we endure well, and ask the Lord for help, we learn so much from it that we never thought we could. Also, the Lord will help us endure the trials. These things are true.

I love you all, thanks for your continued support, and stay strong!

Elder Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment